The convergence of frontend and backend frameworks
Sam and Ryan talk about how frontend and backend frameworks are converging towards similar UI patterns and developer experiences, even though they're coming at it from different starting points. They also talk about the new Next.js 10 release and whether React should document more opinions held by the core team.
- 3:22 – New features in Next.js 10
- 20:40 – How frontend and backend frameworks are converging
- 28:47 – Opinions in React that fall outside of its API
- 35:33 – Next.js' new Image component
- 49:00 – Q: Why is SASS not trendy? How can you replace it with PostCSS?
- 52:12 – Q: How do you edit your videos?