Sam and Ryan talk about adding an authenticated backend to miragejs.com using Hasura, Heroku and Netlify. They also talk about the differences in risk between using paid third-party services vs. depending on open-source libraries.
- 3:47 – Adding a backend to miragejs.com
- 13:03 – Environment variables in frontend apps
- 20:48 – Adding privileges to the anonymous role
- 28:00 – Should Hasura let you configure permissions for unauthenticated requests?
- 31:36 – Setting up a webhook using Netlify cloud function
- 37:19 – Risk profile of paid services vs. OSS libraries
- Netlify Functions